Haz clic aquí para versión en Español
To carry out the third edition of “Tzompantli, Artistic Introspection”, give continuity to the 2020 edition, strengthen a critical thinking art community and promote their artworks.
Reflexionartistica.org invites the art community world wide to create an artwork in any technique and material with the motive of making an introspection about the year 2022 and using the figure of a human skull as starting point.
Each finished artwork will have to be photographed by the artist and sent in JPG format. All images received will be displayed in rows and result in the 2022 Tzompantli (wall of skulls) and provide a collective visual introspection of life experiences during the year 2022.
Artworks received will be publicly displayed as follows:
- At the General Consulate of Mexico in Austin Texas on November 1st at the day of the dead celebration.
- The official Tzompantli web site gallery https://reflexionartistica.org
- All additional organizations and groups that may join this event as well as social networks.
- Needs to be created specifically from the human skull figure.
- May be created using any technique/material on a square format.
- Once finished the artist must take a photograph of it, retouch it if necessary and crop it.
Digital image specifications:
The image must be of at least 2000 pixels width and height in jpg format.
How to send your image along with necessary information to participate:
Write an email with the following information:
- Artist name
- Artwork title
- Technique used
- Artist city and country of residence and country of origin
- A sentence (in English and Spanish) that will be displayed at the Tzomplantli alongside your artwork with your introspection for the year 2022.
- Your social network sites (eg. Facebook, Instagram, Tiktok etc..) optional.
- Your website address (optional)
Send your image and all required information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT: If your artwork is not submitted with all the requested information we won’t be able to accept it for inclusion on the 2022 Artist Introspection.
Tuesday October 25th at 23:59 CST Time – Last day to submit your artwork.
The exhibition of all the printed submitted artworks will be inaugurated on Tuesday November 1st and will remain open to the public throughout the entire month at the general consulate of México in Austin TX.
The artwork and the information of all participating artists will be displayed at the official 2022 Tzompantli web gallery.
The artworks will also be displayed and promoted by all organizations and groups joining us for this year introspection.
To keep yourself up to date on this event and to visit/see past year’s artwork submissions visit reflexionartistica.org